Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year Cat!!!

Munch has loved cats from day one, with 'day one' being when she realized something other than she or Mama or Daddy existed...  Now that she's mobile, she'll chase them a little as she crawls, or seek them out when they're sleeping.  It keeps them on their toes, though I make sure she doesn't harrass them too much.  They need their space too.  She is familiar enough now with the basic cat shape to find it in other places:  she'll point to one if she sees it in a book, she's found the cats on the clock my brother gave me, and if she sees it elsewhere, of course she gets quite excited. 

Tonight during dinner, Ebony came around looking for scraps (EVERYONE loves my mom's lentil soup recipe...), and of course Munch was all thrilled about it, laughing and pointing at 'KA!'  When Ebony left though, Munch didn't calm down, and kept pointing and shouting toward the livingroom, where Daddy had gone after finishing his meal.  He had Choko on his lap, so I thought that's what she was pointing at, even though Choko was low enough down that I wasn't sure she could really see him.  But what else would she be looking at with such enthusiasm??  When I got her down from her highchair, she showed me...I had just put up the new calendar my mom had given me, and it's hanging on the wall of the entryway, which is right next to the living room.  And this calendar is full of great big pictures of...


Black cats.  :) 

Happy New Years, everyone!  And pet a 'Kee-Ka', for Munch's sake. :)

No comments: