Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Let it Snow!

I've been meaning to get this post up for a while, and since all the snow now is gone and we enjoyed temperatures in the 50's (!!!!) today, I guess now is as good a time as any, right?  A little over a week ago, we had snow on the ground, and lots more coming down.  We ended up with about 5-7 inches, I think, and I was determined to give the Munch her first experience with frosty white stuff!  All I needed to do was get her ready.

Munch has three--THREE--snowsuits hanging in her closet.  All of them free from friends or family, which is awesome, since these things can sometimes cost a pretty penny.  There's just one little problem with them...They're all sized for 12 mo, and I'm already dragging out the *2T* stuff and putting away a lot of her 18 mo clothes--she's WAY past 12 mo at this point.  I tried 'em anyway.  Snowsuits are bulky, but that didn't help the first suit, which was short even in the arms, so right there I was down to two.  The second one was very dirty and needed washing before I could use it, but it fit.  Barely.  The third was clean, and it fit, I think better than the others, although I couldn't get the hood to stay up on her head.  But the funniest part was that while the end of the legs covered over her boot tops, you could tell they were supposed to reach past her feet, because there was a flap of cloth at the bottom designed to be flipped over in lieu of boots.  I'm just happy that snow suits are made big so that I was able to let this slide. :)

Of course it took a while to get both her and I bundled up, but it was so worth it.  She loved the snow.  She was so fascinated with how she could move it around in her be-mittened hands, and how she left marks wherever she went.  We didn't leave more than a few feet of that backyard untouched--mostly just the areas reserved for flowerbeds.  Being in very early walking stages at that point, she couldn't walk on her own in that stuff, so we made an interesting trail as we toddled around.  I think we ended up being outside for a good 20 or 30 minutes before I decided her nose was red enough to warrent going back into warmth.  She sure hadn't complained about it though!

 I couldn't decide which of these two I liked better, so you get to see them both!  :)

Our Snow Trail, before we tromped back over it and throughout the rest of the yard.

This baby girl LOVES the snow!

No comments: