When the walking takes off, so does the mischief-making! In the space of one week, Munch has gone from hesitant, defined, short-distance walks to random toddler roamings throughout the house. She's almost completely forgone crawling already, although she does still revert to it now and again. I'm loving every minute of it so far...Even the moments that cause...well...a mild inconvenience for me...
A couple days back, I got distracted in the living room for just a minute or two too long, apparently. Munch had wandered away to explore, and was quietly busying herself in the dining room when I found her. She was quite startled by my appearance, and definitely feeling a bit on the guilty side, because in the time it took for me to retrace my steps to the livingroom and back again with camera in hand, she had vacated the crime scene:
This would be the (fortunately) few remaining tissues plucked with gusto from the tissue box next to my piano. I immediately had flashbacks to when my kitten-now-cat Choko did something similar to a much less emptied roll of toilet paper... What is it with young creatures and paper??
Then, yesterday, as I was washing up some dishes after dinner, I began to have that uneasy feeling...Munch had again wandered off, and was again much too quiet. So I went on the hunt, and it didn't take me long:
You can't quite see in the picture, but I'm sure you can guess: Just above her is a shelf that's been a bit denuded of its books. Being surrounded by books, she was much less inclined to run away, so I caught her 'on camera' with this one. I don't mind at all that my little one is already such a bookworm, but these books are just a little bit too heavy a reading for her yet...And I'd rather the pages didn't get torn! :)
But mischief or not...can I just say how GLAD I am to be finally leaving the baby stage? I LOVE having a toddler.


No comments:
Post a Comment