I taped the paper to the floor and got her started with a little doodle or two of my own. She had FUN. She was fascinated with the marks she could make on the paper, but also really loved trying to get all the crayons into one hand...and since she kept dropping a crayon or two, that activity in particular kept her very occupied. She even did well when I told her no each time she raised a crayon to her mouth. After a while, she just stopped doing that, and focused on picking up, holding, or scribbling.
She dropped all the crayons several times, then set about picking them all back up...and notice how she moved onto the paper as time went on! Eventually I had to move her off so she could try scribbling again.
The final product--not too shabby for an almost 16-month-old. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment