Last year, the Munch got dressed up as a parrot, snuggled close to her pirate parents' shoulders. The costume cost me a whopping $1 thanks to thrift store finds, and a bit of creative hand stitching, of which I was rather proud.

This year, I purchased a little ladybug dress/costume for the Munch to wear for her birthday. I spent $6 on it, and figured it would last (size-wise) for a second wearing on Halloween, so it was definitely a worthwhile investment. It was a size 2T, after all! Well, it turned out to be a *tight* 2T. So tight that once I'd gotten it on for her birthday party, and managed to squeeze it off for the cake-eating, I didn't put it on her again. How fortunate then, that an aunt and uncle of mine decided to send a birthday care-package filled with ladybug things shortly after the party. Among the items was a little ladybug outfit sized for 24 months...Which, if you know kid sizes, is the same thing as 2T...but if you know kid sizes, you also know that means virtually diddly-squat in real life. This outfit was a cool-weather one, and definitely larger than the dress I'd bought. All she needed was some long sleeves, and I just happened to have a 2T black long-sleeve leotard. It was perfection.

Birthday Ladybug Halloween Ladybug
I about died laughing after I first put the costume on her. The puffiness suits her round little cheeks like few other costumes could. And then to see her crawl in that outfit. Well, words can't express it, so I managed to get a good video (which was a lot easier than a good picture, let me tell you!! This child loves to MOVE now.) by enticing her with her favorite toy. Take note of the word she says during the video. *grins wide*
We spent the evening at the house of a dear friend of mine who lives only a few blocks away, ate dinner there, then went around trick or treating with her and her little brood of 3. Not only was it Munch's first trick or treat outing, it was mine too, so it was very nice to have a friend I could tag along with...I didn't want or need any candy...I just wanted to show off my chubby cutie, and hadn't been able to get to any party to do so! Halloween is still one of my least favorite holidays (I'm really NOT a fan of the ghost and goblin stuff), but I sure had fun. :D
1 comment:
Noisiest (and cutest) ladybug I've ever heard!
Post a Comment