She still loves her play kitchen so very, very much. Although she can't quite pull up onto it yet, the counter being just a tad too high, she's figured out how to open and close all the doors, pull out the drawers and basket, and make a general mess of things. She's very good at it. :) I love this particular shot of her.
Munch learned that the nice soft pillows I have lining her changing station are, in fact, quite removable, and she now twists herself around to grab one almost as soon as I've laid her down. And of course they don't stay in her hands...they simply MUST go to the floor post-haste, and another one grabbed immediately after. And any other SMALL toy (those big pillows really get in the way!) that I try to distract her with is worthless in the face of this amazing entertainment. *sigh*
We've added another little first-born to the weekly playdates. 'A' is Munch's almost twin, as they were due the same day. She apparently being quite the early go-getter, and Munch being a bit more laid-back, they actually ended up about 5 days apart, but even so, one wouldn't guess it by looking at them. I think A was slightly further back in the picture than Munch, but regardless, she is definitely the smaller of the two, though no less cute. :) Today was a first for both of them--curry! The Munch LOVED it. She ate three full (her size) servings of it, and usually she won't do more than a couple, if that. I loved it too...Guess I need to learn how to make curries now...
On the subject of eating...I am apparently worthy of consumption, and my left bicep is still feeling it keenly. This evening before baby-bedtime, as I was rocking and swinging Munch around and laughing away with her, she suddenly chomped down right on my arm! I didn't drop her...but I sure set her down fast and made little to no effort to quiet her tears as I looked at my BLEEDING arm. It's been an hour, and it still hurts. As one friend said on skype this evening, "When that girl does something, she does it well." oi...
So yes...lots of firsts this week. Happy 14 months today to my quickly-growing baby!




No comments:
Post a Comment