Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ouchie

Munch had her first real pavement fall yesterday.  We had just stepped outside into our backyard for a bit of playtime, and while I dug into the bag I'd brought down to get her big ball out, she took off along the little sidewalk in the back.  The problem is that there's a corner bit of sidewalk that sticks up a couple inches--it must have sunk on one side after it was laid down...Well, she tripped on that in no time flat, and I looked up with ball in hand to see her struggling and ultimately failing to keep her balance.  She went right down--knees, hands, nose--but it was her nose that really took the beating.  Daddy heard the tears from his room above us and brought down a wet tissue to clean her off, and soon enough she was fine and wanting to stroll the pavement again...but she avoided that section from then on.  Hopefully she'll continue to...

Her lip wasn't hurt as this pic might suggest...she just makes a perfect pouty face... ;)

No comments: