Friday, March 9, 2012

Munchkin Morsels

A few fun little stories from this past week:

On Tuesday we had a playdate with my friends and their toddlers A and K.  We went to A's house this time around.  Highlights included lots of stairs to explore, yummy Filipino food for lunch, and a karaoke machine attached to the TV (K gnawed on the mics, Munch danced her heart out, and shy little A let me carry her!! :) ).  Shortely before we left, Munch found a pair of A's sunglasses, and one of the other mamas put them on her. 

It was kinda like the plastic lid experience for her:  "The world looks different!!  This is awesome!!"  But it wasn't as easy for her to switch between normal and tinted vision...once she pulled the glasses off, she couldn't get them back on...

Thursday Daddy was working from home, as he often does, and he came out from his office briefly at one point to play:

Yeah, I think it's safe to say, Munch likes this style of play... ;)  I had to ask Daddy to slow down so I could grab the picture--He was spinning quickly with her in the air like this, and she was shrieking with laughter.

Then a little later on Thursday I happened to notice something about Munch's appearance...She has my short hair style, poor thing.  No bobs for her.  One side flips out, the other flips in, just like mine did when it was that short.

 

And then today...A little history here first:  Basically Munch has 2 words that she'll say when she wants something, but it depends on what the item is, so it's not entirely random.  For things like books and toys and such, she'll say 'ba, ba' because she first used it for books, and now makes it a general object request.  For things like milk or other foods, she'll say 'muh, muh' because she learned how to get milk first.  So today, at lunch, Munch was thoroughly enjoying her meal, and I had just finished mine.  Then suddenly she leaned forward and pointed her hand toward the table, saying 'ba, ba' quite insistently.  I realized I'd forgotten (again) to give her a spoon for mealtime, and since I was now done with my fork, she must have figured it would be ok for her to use it.  No, I didn't give her my fork...I'm not ready to test whether she'll poke an eye out or not yet.  I went and got her a spoon, and then watched her try to use it.  She was so very happy to get it, and really gave it her best effort.  In fact, she actually succeeded for the first time in getting some food (carrots) onto her spoon AND into her mouth today!  She didn't have quite as much luck with the noodles, but she sure tried.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love how little ones use a hand to put the food on the spoon.