Today has started out rather rough...but I'm hoping it'll smooth out before long. Munch decided that 6 am was an appropriate time to wake up, and refused to go back to sleep, although she was quiet off and on for the next hour. I'm never in the mood to get up early, but having gone to bed last night around midnight, that feeling was that much stronger. I finally grumpily told Daddy that I was done with this, and he got up and gave me about 45 minutes of sleep...more or less at least, because sound does travel, and every time she got upset about something, I heard her. :P
When I finally got up and had myself ready for the day, I went to change her diaper, which requires me to leave her room (she was on the floor happily playing with a book) to wet a washcloth with warm water. Just as I'm finishing, I heard a loud crash and wail. I rushed in to find the TV tray that I've been using all this time as a side table to the rocking chair tipped over, and the Munch on her back. The tray fortunately didn't land on her...just sort of around her...she was amidst the legs, but she landed on the book she'd been reading, which had apparently been left standing up when she decided to try climbing something. So now she has a straight little red mark from the edge of the book down her back, poor thing.
Bumps didn't end there...As I was preparing breakfast, she was cruising along the cabinets. I'm not even sure what happened, but somehow she knocked her head and ended up with little purple spot on her forehead. *sigh* The dangers of a moving baby...And we've only been up and moving for 3 hours!
1 comment:
As an 'after the fact' edit...no, her day did *not* get better, poor thing. She sustained minor bumps all through the rest of the afternoon, and even fell a couple times in her crib (not out, don't panic) after she'd been put to bed. Seriously. Learn to stand straight, kid. :)
Post a Comment