Munch and I have been pretty busy this past week, so I thought I'd just share a bunch of snipets about what we've been up to.
Saturday we went to a birthday party for Phil's cousin's little girl, who turned 6. They had a bouncy house for her and her friends. Daddy swore up and down that he was NOT going in that thing. Well, that didn't last long. :) Before I knew it, he was in the house with all those little kids, and having a blast. Later when they were all playing some games, we stole a few minutes with the Munch in there. She didn't care for the slide, but at least we got a cute picture.
She's been actively teething on her next molar, and drooling again like crazy. Just today I found that it had finally broken through. But for all that, she's so even tempered and cool about it...She just wants to chew everything. No surprise there. :) In light of that, on Sunday I decided to do another 'is she ready for this' food experiment. I gave her a whole string cheese stick, not cut up like I usually do, and then proceeded to watch her greedily devour the thing in the span of a little under 2 minutes, no problem. And of course she wanted more. I gave her some goldfish a little later that day. It took her a couple of tries--she had to learn that they did not disolve quite so easily in the mouth first--and then she did a Bugs Bunny-with-a-carrot impression--rapid-fire biting as she pushed the cracker in. It's so much fun to see her use all those little teeth. :)
Ebony has taken to...well...acting like a dog. I think the picture says it all. Lentils, cheese, rice, noodles, she doesn't care. I just hope it's adding something useful to her diet, as she seems to have been getting skinnier lately. The Munch certainly enjoys her company at meal-times, though!
Munch is also learning new words. She now very clearly will say 'Ti-Ga' when she's either looking for or playing with her beloved Tigger. Of course it is the most adorable thing EVER. :) And she'll say it over and over again, so excited. She also will respond with a huge smile and laugh whenever I ask her how big she is. She'll raise one or both her arms and laugh and say 'SA'--her version of 'SO big'. We have been having much fun.
As a final note to today's kinda longish blog, I want to give a shout-out to my li'l sis, who turns the big 2-1 today, just 40 minutes shy of midnight!! Happy birthday to you!!! I will never forget the night you were born--it was so good to hear that I finally had a sister. :D




5 comments:
:D Thanks!
lol. You're teaching her about the awesomeness of cheese. Getting her addicted to string cheese and golfish. :P
Of COURSE. Cheese is only the best stuff on the planet. Why shouldn't she enjoy it? :)
By the way, how'd the b-day celebration go? I saw the sombrero...
You just don't want her to eat too much cheese at a time....
Looks like she's learning where to send the stuff she doesn't like. Nothing like a critter to clean up the evidence!
Oh fear not, we're balancing the diet quite well with plums. Sound familiar? :)
And yes, she is definitely learning how to throw things. Tonight she happily gobbled several little helpings of the bean and corn mixture I made, and sent all the tater tots to the floor. I guess she's not as big a fan of potatoes...yet... ;)
Post a Comment