Just a *little* late, but of course I had to document it as I've done all these other years. It's a day that always seems to hold a little surprise for me, and this year was no different, though it was perhaps a little more subtle.
See, the Munch loves puzzles. Child after my own heart. :) And she's gradually been moving up in the world of puzzling, including (with a lot of help) working on an 84-piece map of the United States, just a few days before St, Paddy's.
She's now BEGGING me to let her work on a 100-piecer that I bought for her a month or so back, but I have as of yet refused...she still needs a bit of practice on slightly smaller ones.
But on the 17th, while at my nanny house, she showed me just how she's been practicing, and she continues to improve...I may bring out that 100-piece sooner than I planned!
This particular one is 48 pieces. She hadn't done it before, and she needed almost no help at all, just a couple of strategy suggestions. She is clearly very good with pattern recognition, just like her Mama. Happy St. Patrick's Day indeed. :)
And a quick comparison, cuz it's been a WHILE.... This was last year...
Wow has her face changed...
Incidentally, while I'm on the subject of puzzles...The Munch has since helped me with a 500 piece puzzle...now, granted, I was almost done with it at the time, but still, she found at least a half dozen pieces all by herself, no hints or suggestions from me at all! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment