Daddy and I both like to act. So it's only natural that we'd end up with a dramatic child, right? A child who cries and/or screams like a drama queen at the smallest thing, but makes it sound so much bigger, and makes the same sounds when something really IS serious too...no way to tell!
But this morning's theatrical production was much more entertaining...
Every morning, being preggo, I make sure to take my prenatal vitamin. Occasionally I'll give the Munch one of her children's vitamins too, maybe every couple of days or so--I don't see the need to give them every day unless she's really ill. She gets most of what she needs through food after all. But every morning, if the Munch sees me with my pill, she asks for hers. Sometimes I manage to be sneaky and take it without her knowledge, but not this morning. This morning she saw me pop it in my mouth and down it with some juice, and she asked right off for hers. And today for whatever reason, I gave her a more detailed response as to why I wouldn't give her one this time around:
Me: "My vitamin is for the baby, to help it grow. Your vitamin is more for when you're sick, so that it can help you get better again."
Munch: "Sick like what?"
Me: "Like if your nose is too stuffed up or runny..."
She instantly started sniffing as hard as she could with her nose.
Me: "Or if you are coughing too much..."
Fake coughs immediately filled the dining room.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out when she's finally in school...Because I'm sure her acting skills, so well practiced already, obviously, will be quite refined by then.
No comments:
Post a Comment