Friday, June 22, 2012

YUU!

That's the word for 'kazoo' in this house, according to the Munch.  I have a metal kazoo that I think I got in a Christmas stocking some while back, and it's been sitting on a little shelf in my desk area...The only reason Munch didn't discover it sooner was a) the shelf was turned sideways so she couldn't get into things on it, and b) I'd forgotten it was there.  So when I was cleaning out that little nook a couple weeks back, I found it, and decided to keep it there as a little 'curio' for a rainy day.

As anyone knows, toddlers are curious.  Munch saw the box it was in, and grabbed that.  She knew immediately that something was inside, and she WANTED it.  So I opened the box.  It didn't take her long to discover the sounds she could make it with.

Here's the basic storyline:
 "Hm, what does this do?"

 (Shrieking with laughter) "So THAT'S what it does!!"

"Let's do that again!  And again!  And again!  This is my new favorite toy!"

So now she'll go looking for it at random times, calling out "Yuu?  Yuu?"  Ahhh, SO cute. :)

No comments: