Monday, June 4, 2012

Music and Bubbles

We marked our last music session of the school year on the 18th of May.  I'm already missing it a little, and it won't start up again until September at the earliest.  It's a bit of a shame, as Munch seemed to finally be getting used to the rhythm of it...Her very public tantrums when the noise started to overwhelm her had been growing rarer, at least.  The gals who lead the program changed the songs and activities a little as the months progressed, but there were always some things that they kept the same.  Munch's favorite time is the parachute, which, being that it requires my own active participation, I don't really get a chance to photograph.  A close second favorite, however, is the much-more easily photographed drum time at the very end:


Munch is a creature of habit.  She always grabs the same crayons first when she colors, always grabs the same puzzle pieces first when she puts a puzzle together, and always, always grabs whatever little clapper she can find when it's drum time.  She's not as excited about actually beating the drums...but she loves holding those little clappers.

Munch has also officially been introduced to BUBBLES.  I'm sure we showed them to her last summer, but she was barely mobile back then, and hardly paid attention to much beyond how to get to the toys on the floor.  So now that she's a bit older, we had another go at those.  And naturally, she LOVES them.  She's already learned where I keep the bottles, how to say 'Buh-bah!' to get me to bring them out, how to wait in eager expectation for me to open the bottle...And how to throw a major tantrum when I must refuse for one reason or another.  We're working on that last one...But these things take time... In the meantime, here's a pic of a toddler who's VERY happy to have bubbles.

No comments: