But not before I decided she wouldn't be going to church on Father's Day. The rule at my old preschool always said that a child needed to be fever-free for 24 hours before they could come back. So we hemmed and hawed a bit, and finally decided to all take it easy Sunday morning... yes, we ALL skipped church. Tsk, tsk, I know. That doesn't mean we slept in, though: Munch was up at her normal 7am (as well as an abnormal 12 and 5 am that made me rather groggy). I spent the extra time I had that morning trying out a potato pancake recipe. Daddy LOVES potato pancakes, so I thought it an appropriate breakfast for his day. :) They were ok...a bit too much onion for my taste...but Daddy said they tasted just like others he'd had at restaurants or fests. Which was cool to hear. :) I can cook!! Who woulda thunk it?
Then we tried to come up with something to do for the day, and settled on a trip out to the burbs to the mall, and perhaps finally see Avengers, if we could get Daddy's sister to babysit...Well...She couldn't...but we figured we could at least walk the mall, get some yakisoba, and maybe pick up some new roller blades that Daddy needed for an upcoming event. Midway through our hour-long drive out there, a friend called. They were having a barbeque with a bunch of other friends, hadn't seen us at church to tell us, knew it was really short-notice since it was starting now, but were hoping we could make it. Long story short, we grabbed some cheaper gas since we were already in the burbs, and did an about-face back to the city. Gotta love being able to be a little spontaneous still. :) We had a WONDERFUL time. I'm so glad they took the time to call.
Keeping shaded by a new hat that goes perfectly with the dress I picked out for her.
Laughing at K in the sandbox, but she flatly refused to try it out for herself.
Daddy enjoying the view, the conversation, the afternoon in general.
A one-year-old who's not afraid of water at all--he was even trying out the slip 'n' slide. Munch could stand to learn a few things from him.
"I'm an astronaut!"
K enjoys the sandbox.
Lots of kids, lots of water, lots of parents or other adults enjoying themselves.
Happy Father's Day to the man of my baby's heart! And mine. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment