Monday, February 20, 2012

Our Little Helper

I love having a child who walks.  I really, really do.  Babies are cute and cuddly and all, but they're so boring.  Having a toddler is so much more fun, especially now that ours is really starting to take an interest in the things we're doing.  Take the following stories and pictures as examples:

I was making some simple biscuits for dinner a few nights back--just some quick and easy buisquick and milk types that my mom used to make.  Munch was of course VERY ready for dinner, and hanging around whining at me and wanting some food.  She's already so tall that's she's started snatching things off the card table that's set up in the center of the kitchen...which of course is the surface I usually use since it's under the light, and the counters aren't.  So when she snatched the bowl and one of the teaspoons I'd been using (but was done with) off that table, I didn't stop her.  She was so taken with them...I think I have a little baker in the making!  ;)  And they kept her happy on the kitchen floor the whole time the food was cooking.

 

Then today, Daddy was sorting out his socks before putting them away.  Munch of course needed to be in the middle of the action, and she started digging into the laundry basket, grabbing socks, and handing them to Daddy, all on her own.  Once she had emptied the basket, she tried to grab already-sorted socks off Daddy's desk, so he had to move fast to put them away.


I'm just loving how she's learning to interact and be a part of our lives. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing that bowl was plastic. The handle made it nice and easy too. Looks like she's working on increasing efficiency as well.

tjm said...

I wouldn't have let her grab it if it hadn't been. I *am* keeping track of what she's going after, after all! ;) And your test comment worked, too. Yay, glad you're able to comment! I've been having issues commenting on others' blogs as well.