Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Feeling sore and wanting more

I've been trying so hard to lose the extra weight Munch so readily and quickly gave to me during her time on the inside...Nursing did absolutely diddly-squat for me.  Walking around the neighborhood quickly lost its fascination when the summer heat set in, and I never got back into it.  A friend and I pledged in October to be accountable to each other in our workouts, and I did finally start regaining some strength and flexibilty because of that needed consistency...but my weight has been the same since November, and I am so, so tired of not being able to wear my old clothes.  I miss my jeans most, but I refuse to buy new ones...especially since 3 of the pairs I have were bought just before I knew I was pregnant, and I haven't been able to wear them since!!

Another friend of mine recently recommended a workout that she's been going to classes for, called the Bar Method.  It blends ballet with aerobics, making it rather very appealing to me.  :)  It's available on dvd's, so after some research on it, I took the plunge and bought one for about $20...A dollar per pound that needs to go.  I started on Monday, and it HURT.  My legs were shaking halfway through the 50-minute workout, and felt exactly like jello at the end, just as the instructor warned they might.  I ended up not going dancing Monday night because of it.  Then Tuesday I felt like an old lady--every time I got off the couch, my legs complained, and every time I lifted something or even just wiped Munch's tray down after a meal, my triceps acted like I was inflicting some inhumane, unthinkable torture on them.  I wasn't sure I was gonna survive today's workout.  But I did.  And what's more, I did it BETTER today.  I still feel very much like jello, and probably will for some while to come.  But all my whining muscles are telling me plainly that this was a step in the right direction.  Hopefully I'll start seeing some good news on that scale soon...  :)

No comments: