You will notice...prettymuch all the pictures were taken indoors. There are no play-in-the-snow pictures like one would expect for a winter in this area...we hardly had ANY snow ALL winter long! Half the time, it didn't even feel like winter--February stayed around 50 degrees, and March around 60!!! It was...not a real winter...But we made some good memories all the same:
January:
The girls tried fried eggs for the first time. It was a hit! Some notable quotes from the Munch, which I also posted to fb at the time it happened: "How is this ated?" "Why is this a flat egg?" "I'm going to cut out the egg first." (she meant the yolk.) We had a good time. :)
Some little person decided that Graham needed prettymuch all his toys...at the same time! He really didn't know what to do with it, and literally sat just like that, looking at me as if to ask, 'Mom, what are you going to do about this?'
The Munch is taking such delight in finding matching outfits for her and the Mini to wear together--in this case, light blue and leopard print.
The Mini's hair started to get long enough to style in the bathtub! :D
The Munch has been watching me play Minecraft, and she got obsessed enough that she started making Minecraft stuff out of tinkertoys. This fellow is the Minecraft player character, holding a pick axe. :)
Brother Bear got a whole lot of duct tape and books that show how to make weaponry out of duct tape, pvc pipe, and foam. He made himself a couple of swords, and then made the Munch her own smaller sword. They named it Stinger, so of course for the picture, she had to dress up in her bee pajamas.
February:
The Mini developed an utter fascination for shoes, and started trying to figure out how to put them on. To date, she still hasn't gotten the knack down, but she continues to try...
One day at the beginning of February, I told the Munch she could get up from quiet time at a certain time on the clock. She is usually quite punctual about such things, so when a full half-hour had passed beyond that given time, I went in to check on her, already pretty sure that I would find exactly what I did find: A totally and soundly asleep 5-year-old. Awwww. :)
As I write this, she is looking at my computer screen, and is quite surprised to see this picture... :)
This little kitty-cat wanted to help me clean the bathtub.
This is the look of absolute delight: When a child discovers that they are suddenly higher than their parents. :) I don't quite know what inspired Daddy to lift her up there, but she sure liked it!
The Munch and I realized that we could use all the dry-erase markers that I have no dry erase board for on the window instead! Ever since, my non-functional sliding glass door has made a great drawing board for her. This is one of my favorites from her early works.
We updated our couch. Here is our beloved, 11-year-old, $35 thrift store find, badly torn and shredded from years of cats walking across the top of it or playing with loose strings and making them looser. It was a beautiful couch in form, and suited our older-fashion tastes so well with that wood frame along the top, but we just couldn't keep it as it was, and we couldn't afford the time or the cost to reupholster it...
This is our new couch. It's a hide-a-bed, and just as wonderfully comfy as our old one. It was THE VERY LAST ONE available from the manufacturer, and we had to HUNT to get it...several different stores, both online and in-person, lots of sitting and trying other couches out and never being satisfied with anything else, 2 failed attempts to purchase it through a distributor before we went to the manufacturer directly...But we got it, and it is a very fitting replacement. :)
More Sister Match-Ups: "I Love Daddy" pjs...
...and Elsa pjs, which were Christmas gifts from an aunt.
Daddy and I were invited to an ice cream social at a friend's house. Since it was happening later in the evening, we opted not to bring the girls, but I promised the Munch that I would give both her and the Mini some ice cream for dessert that night. And then I went all out and gave them their first banana splits. Naturally, they loved them immensely and gobbled them down in about 2 blinks. :)
March:
More matching...These are outfits that a friend of mine made for us as a Christmas present, and I finally remembered to get a picture of them this month. :)
The Mini is just...too...cute...And therefore requires extra pictures without much story at all, just so I can share her cute-ness. :D
She also loves books...Almost as much as her sister.
The Munch's St. Patrick's Day outfit. I am not entirely sure why she felt the need to have all the outdoor stuff added to her green...but this is very much her personality at the moment. She's so full of ideas and the need to express them.
We ordered a mattress pad for our hide-a-bed, and this is the box it came in. I watched the Mini get in and out and go all over the place in this box, yet I'm still not sure just how she did it, because the sides were taller than her legs...Regardless, both she and the Munch had a great time with it, and I got several pictures, including this favorite, which is my current desktop pic, out of the fun. :)
The Mini graduated to the Big Tub. She enjoyed the transition very much, and the toys even more so. ;)
Both girls love the piano. The Munch has been asking me for lessons over the past several months. I know a few piano teachers...so we shall see. :) It mostly depends on whether I can find a cheaper ballet class this year...
Easter:
The girls and I went shopping at our favorite consignment store in the hopes of finding some Easter dresses for church. I was even hoping for matching dresses, but shopping second hand, you never know. But see how lucky I was!!! They may not be identical, but the color matches perfectly, is not *too* pink (it's the lighter shades of pink that really get me), and there are plenty of ruffles to go 'round! We found potential dresses for the Munch first, then poked our noses around in the baby section, and pretty soon, Big Sister had found Little Sister's perfect dress. :)
Easter family picture!!
We had a good friend join us for the afternoon. She and I had Daddy take lots of pictures of us...which made it a little hard to choose the right one to share here...but ultimately I decided to share a nice picture, instead of a goofy one. We can be rather ridiculously goofy. It's lovely. :)
We had chili for lunch. The Mini...well, lets just say that she really, really, really loves chili... :)
During the Mini's nap, we did Easter-y things: An egg hunt in the play area, because the weather was icky outside...
...and painting eggs with food colored water (they turned out SO pretty!...and I forgot to take a picture of them...).
The Munch decided she only wanted to paint her egg yellow. Surprised much?
Daddy grilled for dinner. It was a colder day, as the picture shows, but that doesn't stop him! This picture also illustrates one thing that I actually like about not having a deck where we ought to...It's a window that the Mini can use without having to climb up to anything, and Daddy loves to play with her through it.
And with that...I am caught up to April! This year has been often overwhelming, and I've fallen behind in so many other things that I want to be doing, what with doing school with the Munch and having the 2 nanny jobs, and trying to keep the Mini out of trouble...But at least I have the pictures to remind me of some of the things that have happened. It's good. It's just...busy...
No comments:
Post a Comment