Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Two-Year-Old Sounds

Just a little record of most of the noises my small one has been making lately...I love this stage of language development so, so much.  Her vocabulary is not nearly what the Munch's was at this age...but it is very much her own and I love it.

"Eye-wa" = I want (by far one of the most common things for her to say)

"uuummm" = when she's thinking about what to add to her "eye-wa" statement but can't come up with it right away.

"seeee, seeee" = I want to see (used most often when asking for my computer or phone screen when there is a picture just shown or taken)

"aaah-poe" = apple

"snah" = snack (or really, food in general, but she KNOWS where the snack cubboard is...)

"foo" = food (but it's not used often)

"mihw" or "muh" = milk

"wah" = water

"jee-uu" = juice

"cheez" or "zhees" = cheese (child after my own heart...)

"low" = candy (not sure where that one came from...maybe her version of 'halloween', since that's when all the candy arrived?)

"nanna" = used both for banana and when she's talking to/about her sister.

"mama" = me, of course, and usually followed by a string of very important gibberish.

"daddeee" = Daddy, often said while rushing to him.

"EEE" = Eeyore

"Bubba" = Her giant stuffed bumblebee that she LOVES

"Byee!  Byeee!  Byee!" = What she says, over and over and over and over when we are leaving any place.  With no volume control whatsoever, and for as long as it takes us to get ourselves ready to head out the door. :)

"Hiiieee!" = less common, despite this greeting being her first actual word.  Now she just waves most of the time, or starts right in on the baby-happy-to-see-you babble.

"Boo!" = Boo!!  (She plays that a lot!)

"NO!!" = you know what that one means.  And it's always that emphatic.

"yeauh" = yes

"yayeee" = Yay! (if anything at all remotely exciting to her happens.)

"boop" = my diaper has poo in it (but she lies sometimes... ;) )

"moe" = more

"boouh" = book

"meow" or "Steesee" = cat (all cats apparently go by 'stevie', which is the cat that tolerates her the most)

"woof!" = dog (obviously. :) )

"oo-oo!" = monkey

"naaay" = horse, donkey, antelope, anything with hooves... :)

"Zee-bee" = Zebra (very recent addition that is sooo adorable to hear)

Bay-bee = baby (she loves those very much) 

"dat!" = that or this

"sheuz" = shoes

"sah" = socks


And finally, the one that surprises and makes us laugh the most, and that popped up most unexpectedly one night while we were eating dinner a few weeks ago:

"na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na, nat-naaan!" = the batman theme song.  I kid you not, and she sings it perfectly in tune and rhythm.  She picked it up from one of the families I nanny, even though they didn't sing it all that much.  I have recorded it, but I haven't fully figured out how to get this stuff off my phone yet...I will share at some point, I promise! :D

No comments: