As for me, after the Munch had her turn, I sat myself down and donated another 10 inches, just like 2 years ago. Crazy how quick that stuff grows out. And then we went a little shorter, and did a little layering, and some fringing around the face, rounding things out a bit...And essentially got to a stage that I've been at before, many years in the past, when I'd been growing out a very short layered do for a while. Daddy had never seen my hair so short...even though by most folks' standards, it would still be considered long. He's still a little unsure...But for me, it's nice to have a fresh look. It's been a while since I've had anything beyond just a 'straight across the back' type cut.
The Munch, before the cutting began. She wasn't a bit put off by the idea of getting a haircut, obviously!
I forgot to get a before picture for me. Oh well. It was well past the waist, though not quite as long as it was the last time I got it cut...At least, I wasn't sitting on it or getting it caught in the car door all the time before getting it cut this time around. ;)
After--Most of the layering happened along the front, to make the hair less box-y around my face. The shortest hair comes to just under my chin. There's a little layering in the back as well, rounding it all out. And as you can see from the second picture, the Munch's hair is still mostly the same, but a little less feathered at the ends now.
And in case anyone is wondering, I have squirreled away a little finger's grip full of the Munch's cut hair in a tissue, which is in an envelope, which is now in her baby scrapbook. I'll have to add the requisite decorations to make an official page for it now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment