And then I let it slide again...I'll confess, I really don't like getting my hair cut...I like watching it get longer and longer, and it does grow quickly when it's happy.
But it was starting to look pretty raggedy along the bottom...and if I wore it down (and what's the point of having long hair if you can't wear it down sometimes?...nudge, nudge to a certain friend who always wears her amazing tresses in a bun but who will remain nameless on this blog... ;) )...anyway...if I wore it down, it got caught in all sorts of things I never would have imagined. There was of course the sitting on it inadvertently, and the little hands pulling at it occasionally, normal things that come with the territory of hair hanging past one's rear...but then there were things like getting it stuck in a car door when I got in, or getting it stomped on by the little ones as they ran around with me on the floor. And I was starting to worry whenever I leaned over to put something in the oven, or to take out a filled bucket of a potty chair, or whenever there was anything else for my hair to inadvertently slide into...
So I decided it wasn't worth the length anymore. I'd reached my limit. After 8 + years, I made a date with a salon in my current neighborhood...and went in for a 'trim'....
Before
After
We'll see how straight it stays after the next time I wash it...Blow drying is kinda cheating...but it should be long enough still to keep those wayward waves and twists in control. And my head feels lighter now... I wonder how much weight I just lost? ;)
1 comment:
You have such lovely hair! Even after cutting it.......look how long it is! And very full and thick.
Post a Comment