Some pictures and news from the last couple of weeks...
K's mama and I have been enjoying a little store called Sears Outlet. On Tuesdays, if you bring a coupon found on their facebook page and agree to be one of their 'members', you get one free item of clothing. I found the shirt a few weeks back, and later K's mama found the shorts, and then we thought, wouldn't it be fun to find matches? So we did. :D And we even took them to the store in their matching outfits yesterday. The sad part of this is that K and her family are moving to Wisconsin at the end of this month. Her Daddy got a job at a camp up there, something they've been wanting to do for a number of years, and that God finally opened a door for them to do. But the Munch and I are going to miss them fiercely... :(
My former baldy finally has enough hair for a ponytail! Here's the proof!! Yes, I'm rather excited about this. :)
And does she EVER love to ride her Big-Tig. We took a video of it, but it doesn't seem to want to load here... :(
Munch absolutely loves the swiffer. So much so that now if I need to do some floor cleaning, I give her the broom to play with so that she won't try to snatch the swiffer out of my hands!
In Daddy's words, this is Munch's first laptop. :)
You may remember my excitement a few weeks back about Venus' transit across the sun, and how it won't happen again for at least 120 or so years, and how I got to see it via a giant shadow-box of sorts. THIS is the beauty that made it possible. :) It's about 8-9 feet long, and it has to be supported on the tip in order to get a straight view...Unfortunately it bows naturally along its flat spine, as you can see in this photo. I originally made a box that was only 4 feet long, and got a sun spot that was about a half-inch. Doubling the length also doubled the size of the sun, which made Venus much more visible. :) If only I had had more space...
When everything was lined up just right, I got to see THIS. It's a bit hard to make out, but down on the right side of that circle of light (aka, the sun) is a tiny pin-point shadow (aka, Venus). I watched it until the trees got in the way and I could watch it no more, and then when a friend came over, we ran out into the street to catch a last glimpse of it from one of the unimpeded rays of light--I had to lean it on a corner of a building, but we got it. Ahhh, I do love astronomy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment