We have this book:
For anyone who doesn't know, it's kinda like a simplified 'Where's Waldo'. It's a bunch of different pages with varying themes, and in each there are a couple of items listed for the readers to search for. There are several books in the series, but this is the only one we currently have.
You all know how much Munch loves her books. This one of course is no exception, and we've read it any number of times. But today's reading was a bit different. Just before nap time, I lifted her up to the shelf where a number of her books are kept so that she could choose one to read, and this is the one she pointed at. So I pulled it down, and we settled into the big rocker to read it together. I read the first line: "I spy a bird and a small balloon." I pointed to the image of the bird, and asked her if she could find it in the picture, as I've always done. But for the first time, she actually looked back and forth between the bird and the picture, and then picked out the bird hiding amongst all the other items! Then she did the same with the balloon. We read through the whole book, and she found almost everything by herself. It was a very cool moment. :) Once again, she's shown me just how much she learns and absorbs before she's ready to show off her new talent.

No comments:
Post a Comment