Which means it's time for another picture comparison: Munch's first and second Easters...
Yup, definitely some differences...Last Easter my little baldy was still learning how to stay upright as she sat, and this year...Well, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I LOVE having a toddler. It's hard to tell, but her dress this year has little lambs all along the bottom. It's a really sweet little dress that I'd set aside for today but had been dying to see her in.
We didn't do much to celebrate, other than dress up in new outfits. Daddy thought it might be fun to try doing a little plastic egg hunt with her, but it would have meant going to the store to get things this afternoon, so we ended up nixing the idea. Next year she'll be old enough to really enjoy it, so next year is soon enough to start some traditions. :)
That said, though...my family's always been all about giving things on Easter--chocolates, candies, baskets of little toys, etc. I don't have any of that, but I DO have a couple of sweet videos...Enjoy!!
This one was taken on the 5th...I thought it would be fun to show some live-action proof of my last post. :)
This second one was taken this evening. I've been meaning to do this for several days, and finally remembered.
Of course I completely forgot to include 'Duck'...but you got that in the top video, so at least I'm covered that way! Also, I think Daddy thought I was just recording Munch...hence his stillness in an attempt to not distract her from me and the camera. :)
I am loving this language acquisition stage. It's just amazing to see Munch understanding more and more as each day passes (and yet still be so agreable...she hasn't figured out the 'n' sound, so she can't say that inevitable 'no' back to me just yet. ;) ). This evening we were watching AFV, and there was one clip where a guy was lighting a bonfire that...well...didn't start like he'd expected it to, and he had to move pretty quick. Munch piped up so fast, "haw, haw!" "Hot" was my official first word...but it was a painful lesson, as I've been told. I'm very glad to know that my Munch doesn't have to learn the word the same way.


4 comments:
And by the way, happy 19 months to my baby girl!!! :D
Sounds like she is learning animal-speak very well. Human must be harder, but she is following instructions. Lucky you for no "n" sounds yet. Happy Easter to you too.
she has hair. an shes so adorable
so cool that you're working with her and that she's acquiring language!
Post a Comment