My mom's latest comment gave me the idea for this post's title. :) Little Munch certainly has been busy with her talking sounds lately. She's gotten much more vocal when she plays with her toy phones...or toys that she pretends are phones, like the remote, the cat mouse, the shoe, the puzzle piece...you get the idea. ;) EVERYTHING is a phone. Which is hilarious because I really don't talk that much on my phone! (We're actually considering halving our cell minutes because we talk so little outside of the network.) Munch also loves to point things out to me, and she's trying so, so hard to get me to understand what she's saying when she's obviously talking about something that's not nearby...and I'm just not getting it yet, poor child. But suffice to say, she loves to talk.
Most of the time, that's not a problem. I love hearing her talk and I love getting her to converse with me, even if it's all in babble-speak. Today, however, she reached another little mile-marker. Little K and her mama were over here and can attest to the fact that Munch finally, fatefully, figured out the sound 'n'...Oh, how quick that head shake and 'no' came after that! Thankfully it was in a good context...So far... It was the end of lunch time, and I'd asked her if she was 'all done' with her food yet. Normally if she is, she'll say 'aaaah duh!' This time...head shake and 'no!' Wow. Ok then. Hurrah for communication. :)
And then there's the times (already) when she says something that could--possibly--maybe a little--get us in trouble...? We don't swear in this family. Not allowed, not ok, there are plenty of other suitable choices to replace words like that. And most, if not all, of our friends who know or have interacted with Munch are the same way, or at the very least, reign in their tongue around her. My only guess is that Munch somehow combined the beginning of the word 'shoe' with the end of the word 'jacket'...since those two words often go together in this currently chilly spring weather. So about a week ago as we were leaving a friend's house, I called her to come get her shoes and jacket on...and as she headed my way, she joyfully belted out "Sh-t!" oh boy...
4 comments:
LOL OH my it sounds like it wasnt intended that way. but i had to laugh. NOT FUNNY not funny at all but at the same time sounds so funny.
Heh, truly funny and not at the same time, I know! She really has no idea what's she's doing in this case--she's just putting sounds together...
I basically just repeated emphatically 'yes, shoooooes.' She'll get it eventually...It's just a tad embarrassing while this lasts...
yeah embarrasing as well. just remember mama she didnt intend what came out or even understand its meaning.
:) Or maybe she's just trying to say "shirt"?
Post a Comment