Saturday, May 2, 2015

More Murmurings

Time to post a few more of these...I've had a hard time writing them all down, and I know there's a couple good ones I missed that for the life of me I can't remember...but at least I snagged a few little memory gems to share.  :)

On March 19th:

Daddy and Munch were having something of a conversation, and at some point it devolved into a contest of copy-catting.  But the Munch knows her Daddy likes dogs, so she made a quick change-over as she accused him:  "Don't copy me!  You're a copy-dog!"

On March 24th:

Midway through naptime, I heard some mutterings behind the door that were clearly intended for me to have heard, but which were unintelligible.  So I went and opened her door and reminded her that this is a quiet time for all of us.  She then asked me when she could get up, and I told her the usual time, at 3.  Her response? "But I'll be too tired!"

On March 27th:

While riding a CTA red line train, she noticed a couple of advertisements, one with a blue background, and one with a purple background.  She thought they should be on the blue and purple line trains instead.  When asked why they might be on our train instead, "They're confused."

Then, a little later in the day, referencing the special outing she and Daddy had had to the aquarium and a burger restaurant:  "Do you know why today is Friday?  Because I had fries!"

On April 14th:
While eating a cheese stick:  "It's yummy, yum, yum, in my tummy, tum, tum.  Do you see me rubbing my tummy?"  I think she likes it.  :)

Later on the same day, when drinking out of a cup that was made by the Target brand: "Why does it have orange on it and not red?  Target LOVES red."

On April 24th:
"Why are cheese sticks made out of cheese, and not sticks?"

On May 2nd:
Munch, during naptime: "I need to go potty.  I'm taking Salt (her grey stuffed kitty) with me to the bathroom."
Me: "This is naptime.  You need to leave Salt in your room."
Munch:  "But I get lonely in the bathroom."

No comments: