First up, some videos. The Munch LOVES to sing and perform, and she was doing a LOT of that in January. I managed to record one such performance...with her inflatable guitar that the kittens have since chewed up, grrrrr. But that aside, perhaps Munchie will be the next queen of skat--she certainly didn't use a single real word for the duration of her singing program:
Next up...Those kittens of ours are keeping us on our toes! We've found any number of creative ways to play with them, but the biggest frustration remains trying to keep them from losing all their toys and whatnot under the various pieces of furniture. I've actually taken cardboard to the bases of things like bookcases and the back of my desk, in an attempt to prevent toy mouse losses...but then they just start putting everything under the stove or fridge instead. So we came up with this little game:
Then there's been the snow...SO MUCH SNOW. I don't think we saw grass from the beginning of January until just this last week, and even that was an extremely short break, and not all the snow melted during that break either. During one of the earlier snowfalls, before it turned majorly cold (we're talking single digits, for days on end), we went out to play in the snow, and the Munch learned how to walk in the knee-deep white stuff. Well...sort of learned at least. We're still working on the not-needing-mama-eventually part:
While I'm on the subject of snow, allow me a short moment to complain. I really, really, REALLY can't stand our back walkway. I posted on fb a little while back about how a brief but intense thaw caused our sidewalk to get covered in about 5 inches of water. Here's your proof. At this point, we've given up, and Daddy 'dug' a new path over the grass. At least it's higher so that any daytime melt runoff goes onto the sidewalk and freezes there overnight...
As a comparison: Daddy shoveling the same area in about 8 inches of snow.
I will leave you with just a few more pictures of our favorite small person...
Eating bananas...a favorite pass-time. Not sure why this banana needed to fly though... :)
Her Valentine's Day get-up.
"Train a child up in the way [she] should go..." And this is DEFINITELY the right way to go! ;)
And she's already getting better. This one (24 pieces) took her about 20 minutes the first time, and she did it without help. Yup, proud Mama right here. I'm looking forward to breaking out the 70 piece puzzle I have for her...but I must wait at least a little while...those pieces are much, much smaller...
No comments:
Post a Comment