Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Quote of the Week

I haven't laughed this hard in a long while.  I have tears.  :)  Or, well, *had*, since obviously I'm perfectly calm as I write now...

So, the story:

I made a pretty tasty parsnip soup for dinner tonight.  Everyone cleaned their bowls with gusto.  But before we'd even started to dig in, prettymuch right after the prayer, the Munch had a surprise for us.  She let rip the loudest, longest trio of farts she's ever dealt.  Daddy and I just stared, first at each other, then at her as the sounds continued.  When she was finally done, we were prepared to step in with the whole 'now what do you say' bit that any responsible parent would do (right?)...  And then she had another surprise for us.

From her mouth came these words:
"That was like one of DADDY'S!"

ooooh, the hilarity that ensued.  I had to leave the table, I was laughing so hard.  Obviously we did NOT manage to 'properly parent' this one.  And I think I'm ok with that.  It's good to laugh together over something like that...

And then Daddy said,

"Well, they do say that mimicry is the best form of flattery."  I guess we'll just say that he can take the joke.  Cuz it's all on him tonight!  :)

No comments: