Friday, January 11, 2013

Christmas Finery

Welcome to the first of probably a few Christmas-related posts!  This one is pure toddler-mama joy...Tiny, fancy clothes!  Since it's the one time of the year (excepting Easter) that I can get away with it without too many groans from Daddy, after all... :D

Last year, I had one Christmas dress for the Munch to wear.  Just one, and that's all she needed, since Christmas fell on a Sunday, after all.  I'd bought it at a second hand store for 6 or 7 bucks, and it was perfect and adorable on her...although it was a little scary to realize that my barely 16 month old child was fitting 2T clothes so well.

This year I had 4 dresses for her.  FOUR!  The one from last year still fit, amazingly.  Her girth is the same, but the dress is...no longer floor-length. ;)  Then I was given 3 others.  So I figured, there are 4 Sundays in December, and there were 5 Sundays between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, so I might as well make use of them.  I tried to document each one, although I did miss the plainest of the bunch, a cute little black and red plaid.  But pick your favorite!

 Week 1, the Sunday after Thanksgiving

  
Week 2, First Sunday in December--I tried to reproduce the scene from last year so we could compare a bit *just* how much this kiddo has changed in a year. :)

Week 4, the Christmas-iest of the lot, I think...and a darn good picture of her too!

Then for Christmas Eve, I found a fun little skirt in her 3T bin.  Just the right combination of fancy and casual. :)

Yep, I had fun dressing my Munchie this holiday season.  But it's probably the last one in which I will have the sole say in it...By next Christmas, she will likely have more of an opinion on clothing...considering how verbal she already is...

No comments: