Saturday, August 11, 2012

Fun in July

Ok…so it’s been a little over a month since I last posted.  Yikes!  But with the two-week trip to plan for and working 3 days a week on top of the regular mama stuff I am trying to keep up with, I guess I have some sort of excuse… right?

Anywho…let’s do a little photo catch-up, now that I finally have pictures sorted and free time on my hands:

Daddy’s parents came into town for the Fourth of July, although we ended up not actually attending any celebration with them…it was WAY too hot (in the 100's much of the week), and a lot of firework shows in the area actually were cancelled because of the heat and/or dryness.  However, the grandparents did not come empty-handed to their only grandchild:

Behold the potato head.  Munch chose where to put all those arms, and we helped her push them in.  I already had a boy potato head (although Daddy’s parents didn’t know that), and they bought her a girl one…so now we have a set, without even planning it!

I remember doing this with potato head glasses too, so this picture is all the funnier to me because of that.  'Course, I also remember the damage done to our potato head glasses by such play...but life goes on.

Finally, finally, the Munch is ok with water in the pool.  It sure took her long enough.  She’s still not excited about splashes, so when the little boy who lives on the first floor saw us playing and wanted to join, his family and I had to make sure he remained conscious of that fact at all times…he SO wanted to splash, of course, but it’s Munch’s pool!

With K and her family now moved up to Wisconsin (*sniff*), July was the last month we could do a field trip together...We went to a place called Make a Messterpiece, which is geared for toddler to young elementary ages.  And of course we had to have the girls all matching for this last trip!  :)  The place was SO much fun for the girls—painting, playdough, bubbles, pumpkin seed planting, play areas, and more.  It’s a lot going on in a little space, but they have it arranged really well, and it was very comfortable…once the one school group in attendance left… ;)

We did painting first, in the hopes that it would dry before we left.  Not all of them did, although this one, being simple colored water (really mostly water--she didn't want me to show her how to use the colors...), did.

Munch could have painted all day, I think…and not just her paper, but the paper on the table and probably the table and herself as well, if she had been given the chance.

A showed the Munch how to ride the little cars, and the two of them had a very good time with those.

At the very end, we saw the bell at the entrance, and tried for another group shot…we did finally get it, as you can see, but the way it came about…well, the Munch was content to play with the bell all the while, but it seemed like A and K wanted to trade off—as soon as one approached the bell, the other ran to her mama, and they kept that up through several rounds. 

  
We had one last playdate with this threesome before we left for our vacation, where A’s mama brought out sprinklers…to the dismay of both K and Munch…Munch wouldn’t get close to them, and sat in a chair pigging out on crackers the whole time, while K flatly refused to be put down anywhere near those things.  Oh well, they enjoyed the bubbles and the food that was served afterward!  A couple days later, Munch and Daddy and I were boarding a plane…but I’ll put that stuff in another post!

No comments: