Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Fall Happenings--a tale in pictures

Catching up is my favorite theme, apparently, so I'll continue in like manner until by some miracle I actually AM caught up.  ;)  So.  What happened after the Mini's birthday?

October:

There wasn't too much more that happened after the Mini's birthday, but there were a couple little highlights to mention:

I managed to catch the Mini napping long enough to snap a picture.  See how she's so snuggled up with her Eeyore.  She loves him so.  Also, she is very obviously a tummy-sleeper.  She's been rolling herself onto her tummy to sleep prettymuch since she figured out how to roll.

Halloween!  We went trick or treating with some friends from our small group in church.  They live in a very...generous...neighborhood. :) Suffice to say, the Munch's cat bucket, while matching 'purr'fectly with her outfit, was not up to the task.  Not even remotely...

 Yes, my girls are THAT much alike, in face at least.  :)  
Also, I love this little outfit.

November:

The weather this month was amazing.  It still only felt like early fall, so light jackets were good most of the time, and we were able to do a LOT outside.

We went to the local zoo with a family I started nannying for in September.  They have a total of 6 kids, 5 of which are homeschooled.  So we all got to explore with those 5 and their mom.  It was the first time 3 of them had ever been to a zoo. Much fun was had!  :D

The Mini mostly stayed in her stroller, but she was quite delighted with the various sights and sounds...and with the camera.  I love this picture of her!

Some extremely adorable monkeys that we saw.  Just look at those TAILS.  :)

A Mama gorilla with her new baby.  He was alternating between nursing and playing in front of her, and she was so patient with him.

OF COURSE the Munch has to have her giraffe picture!
Ok, and a confession here, I just looked through my pictures to try (unsuccessfully) to find another similar pic from a prior year, and got myself all choked up...This girl has grown so much...

There was also a ridiculously adorable monkey that we met in one of the zoo houses that I tried to get a video of, but it ended up being way too dark and way too full of random sound to be of any use, sadly.  Basically what happened:  The Munch was eating a little snack while she wandered through the hall looking at the animals.  This monkey saw that she had food in her hand, dropped whatever it was he was doing, and came right up to the glass, following her hand like he was stuck to it through the glass.  He was grabbing at her, pressing his face against the glass, everything.  It was THE FUNNIEST thing ever, and went on for a good 3-4 minutes before he finally figured out that it was futile, gave up, and loped off to pick on one of his fellow cage-mates.  Yet even after that, he still kept staring back at us until we moved on...wishing...  

The very next day after that, we visited an arboretum that's about an hour southwest of the city, very close to where some dance friends of ours live.  So we made a date of it with them, and had a great time.

Their little boy had just turned 2, and was all in awe of this 'older girl'.  ;)  And she in return was very sweet to him.  :)

We wandered our way through this maze to a deck around a huge sycamore tree.  Nothing like a corn maze for size, but still a lot of fun.  The Munch was RUNNING in there, she was so excited to find the next turn and decide where we would go.  It's a miracle we made it out, right?  ;)

I cleaned a window that hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long...it was dirty when we bought the place in 2013, just not as obviously so.  There are 7 windows in our front room, and the 2 that look onto the front porch were, more than any of the others, absolutely covered in filth.  I'd cleaned the window next to this one fairly early on, and the job had taken me well over an hour.  For ONE WINDOW.  Which is why it took so darn long to finally get around to the second one.  What a difference it made!!!

The Munch and I accidentally dressed alike one day.  :)

The Mini carried this around in her mouth for a good month, any chance she got.  Don't worry, it's a totally fake, pliable plastic blade inside a cloth shell.  But seriously, kid??  I thought at the time that I had a budding pirate on my hands, but she seems to have outgrown her love for this by now.  

She was also very busy learning to push anything and everything around.  Including chairs that cats are sitting on.  She just needed help with corners.  She still likes to push things...

AND, she wore another recognizable (and super-cute) outfit I'd been waiting to put her in.  :D  Of course there is one major difference...The Mini wore this at 13 months.  The Munch wore it when she was a few days shy of 6 months...   Eeps...


Daddy celebrated being another year older.

Then we all celebrated by sharing the pie.  It was the first lemon meringue for the Mini, and I don't think she minded it at all.

December:

The Mini wanted to help me set up the tree.  :)

This has become a common occurrence at lunch time...She's waking up so darn early in the morning that she's totally pooped before lunch hits the table, and she falls asleep mid-meal.  And yet if I put her to bed for a morning nap, the afternoon is totally and irrevocably screwed up.  Poor kiddo.  But it sure makes for some cute pictures.  ;)

The Munch is dressing herself now, and rarely lets me help her with clothing choices anymore...Often she tries to dress in one type--so she goes all of one color, all of one pattern, or things like that.  She picked this particular outfit because both the pants and the sweater have floral patterns...  Well, who am I to quash her...um...creative spirit?  ;)

We had very, very little snow this year, and I was sick when this particular bit came through.  So I let the Munch play outside by herself while the Mini and I watched through the window.  The Munch had a grand time, and Mini was quite entranced...but she wouldn't have gotten to play in it even if I HAD been well...The boots I saved for her are waaaay too big for her tiny feet!  Seriously, 'Mini' has been such a perfect nick-name for this kid...

And hey!  I'm all caught up to Christmas...which must of course be its own post, because this one's long enough.

No comments: