I'm trying to keep a running tally of funny or surprising things that the Munch says, and every so often will post these little records when I think I've collected enough of them. I don't catch on paper even a fraction of them (because she's ALWAYS talking, and funny things are coming out of that little mouth all the time), but I get what I can. :) The following bits were from conversations that happened over the course of this past fall and winter...In general, the higher up they are on the list, the older they are, but this is a very lose generality...I will endeavor in the future to put dates on these when I can.
We were driving home from church one morning, all talking away as usual. I forget exactly what this particular conversation was about (it may have been about nicknames, as the Munch is aware of her and others' nicknames on this blog by now), but at some point, Daddy made a comment to her that prompted this little smart-alec gem: " 'THAT' is not my name!"
One morning in November, she asked me for "bagel butter". It took me a minute to understand that she meant cream cheese.
One evening as she danced around in her play area (we'd asked her to dance there so she wouldn't accidentally step on our toes), she called out: "I'm stepping on toes! That's called tip-toe dancing!"
While riding in the car (with the windows closed): "Why does the wind blow here?" Then she answered it herself, "Because I made a stinky!" And laughed uproariously at her little joke.
"[Smarties candies] are as yummy as you!" But she didn't have a response when I asked her if I tasted good...
When giving me a hug as I sat in my desk chair, she pushed the chair and it rolled several inches. I commented on this, and she responded matter-of-factly, "That what children do."
After I thanked her for being thoughtful: "I'm so sweet! Like a strawberry."
One time this past month, she was crying about something, I don't remember what--usually it's hurt feelings or a stubbed toe (she stubs them an awful lot, poor thing). We tried to give her a hug to comfort her, but she firmly told us, "I don't want any snuggling. I get bored!"
We got a bunch of Smarties candies at a birthday party in January. We've slowly been going through it, and the Munch will usually ask for them in vague terms, such as 'those candies'. But a couple weeks back, she asked for some "Snotties!"
She also sings constantly whenever we're in the car:
We pass a 7-11 store on our way to church. One morning just after Christmas, she noticed it and started singing "Seeeeven, eleeeven, Seven! Eleven!" over and over, using multiple tones, speeds, emphases, etc. It was an auditorily-talented song, even if the lyrics were...rather repetitive.
She has a song about 3 little kitties that she continually revises--they've gone on any number of adventures at this point, though lately she's morphed it to mesh with the kittens who lost their mittens song (which she had me play on the piano until she knew it all by heart)...and then added verses to it about which kitten got the rat their mother smelled.
However, don't compliment her on her songs...In her words: "My songs are NOT awesome! They're just normal!"
I love having a clever, verbose 4-year-old.
No comments:
Post a Comment