I'm woefully behind on my blog! But with the winter storm that just blew through here, I now have a little extra time on my hands...so hopefully I can crack out a few updates over the next couple days! :)
Let's start off right...with Dance! Saturday, December 13th, the Munch had her second ballet recital, which (mostly) went off without a hitch. I say mostly because this time around, I was "That Mom" who forgot a vital piece of her daughter's dance outfit. I could've sworn it was in her backpack...Sigh. Of course the Munch didn't care, as she's still too young to notice some things, but to me, the absence of her skirt was rather glaring...
Anywho, here's a line-up of the lovely little ladies that make up this studio's 3 1/2 to 5 year-old girls, all ready to dance.
And here's the dance! The Munch was wearing a little bun-cover that *I* used to wear when I was her age...Yup, I still have it, and I thought this was the perfect opportunity to bring it out of hiding again. :) And YAY, the video is working now!
There was a photographer taking pictures of all the classes, so I splurged a little and got her class picture. The little girl to the Munch's right is a new little chum, about a month younger than her. They've bonded closely over the several weeks of class, and are enjoying this new semester together as well. We went to her house a couple weeks ago for a play date, likely the first of many. :)
On a side note, having cracks between the floorboards of an enclosed porch is evil. I got an email saying this was on the way a while back and when I thought to click on the tracking info only a few days ago, it said 'delivered January 9th'...But I didn't have it! A quick peek through the floor cracks confirmed my fears, and Daddy had to unscrew some boards and dive down in there to retrieve the package. Thankfully nothing was damaged, despite all the wet weather we've had! Otherwise we would have had some words with whatever lousy delivery service brought it...
Anyway, back to the recital!
When all the dancing was done, we celebrated with a treat (it's much nicer than flowers, after all!). Daddy had come to the recital, but wasn't able to stick around for this part, so it was just us and the Munch's beloved Auntie B. I'd found a gelato place near to the studio that opened around the time the recital ended, so we walked over and enjoyed ourselves very much. It was so, so yum.
The place has about 250 flavors that they cycle through, making maybe a dozen or so by hand every day. This day's offerings included banana, strawberry, cinnamon, lavender vanilla, and multiple types of chocolates, to name a few. And we got to choose 3 flavors each. Definitely YUM, and the perfect way to end a morning.


No comments:
Post a Comment