1. Caulk between ALL the tiles on your bathroom walls is evil incarnate. I spent all week scraping that gunk out, and still have to redo the grout that came out with it.
2. Aqua blue is a great paint color for a bathroom, but runny paint makes my OCD (real or imagined) go off the charts. Not sure how I'm going to address this problem yet...and I'm a bit ticked about it.
3. Door knobs and deadbolts are not all standard. Thank goodness the hardware store was open until 8pm, because the old one got destroyed during the removal process. Oh yeah, and doors come in different thicknesses too.
4. We have good friends who are willing to come over for a few minutes, an hour, or more to offer their insight, ideas, aid, and food.
5. When the power is turned off, garage doors can still be opened, and don't actually break when you remove the hook from the chain.
6. That stained and cracked paint in the bottom of a tub? It may be there because the tub doesn't actually fully drain, and the water just sits there........
7. Fresh white paint on a house...is REALLY white. Especially on a block that's mostly grey or brick red...
8. Not all trees along the parkway are alive...and usually they're in the most unkempt yards. But at least the city will take care of the removal for no charge to us...it's just gonna be a while.
8. My kid is the BEST KID IN THE WORLD. We've spent every moment of free time I've had at the house this week, stayed out past bedtime or skipped some naps, and she's been sooo patient, playing amazingly well by herself almost the entire time, enjoying the food I bring, and loving the space she has to explore.
The adventure continues. :) Looking forward to moving in SOON...If I can just get this place painted on the inside....
No comments:
Post a Comment