To start off with, Munch found her pockets for the first time. All on her own. So I grabbed the camera, told her to smile, and got a half-grimace-half-squinched smile instead. Then I had a flash of inspiration, and told her to laugh. Bingo. :)
A few days later, she noticed a foam mat puzzle that I've had leaning up behind an end table for about forever now (I bought it before she was even born, cuz it was an awesome deal at a resale event), and she suddenly decided she wanted to play with it. The first time she had it out, all the pieces went everywhere--she had sooo much fun tearing the nation apart, state from state, center from edge. When it was time to clean up, I showed her how it all went back together again...and she was very intrigued.
So the second day we got it out, she and I pulled out all the little center pictures that could be pulled, and had a practice round where I told her where everything went, talked her through the directions they should face (she's very good at understanding things like 'upsidedown'), that sort of thing. Then she wanted another go at it, and this time, prettymuch did it all by herself. WOW, have I got a little puzzler on my hands! I can't wait till she can handle the 5,000 piece-ers with me...maybe in a couple more years, right? ;)
These are most of the critters she sleeps with at night, although most of them end up relegated to the foot of her crib...Tiger and that tiny brown monkey that's barely visible are her two snugglers. I don't even know why all of these were out of her bed anymore...maybe I was doing laundry that day or something. But regardless, she grabbed the lot of them and started toting them around. Little Pack Rat. :)
Munch is absolutely in love with the baby book I made for her. She loves to pour over the pages, flipping through and pointing out 'Mama' and 'Daddy' and 'baby'. I've got covers over all the pages so I don't worry too much about things getting pulled off or otherwise damaged. Munchie can have at it, for the most part. :) This particular page is about her stay in the hospital when she was only a month and a half old...how long ago and foreign that feels now. I'm so grateful we've never had another episode like that.
January was a crazy weather month. We saw swings in temperature from 60 degrees down to 30 or less in the space of a day. One day it was warmer at night (in the 50's) than it was midday (30's). How does that figure?? It was pretty brutal, especially as we were just recovering from being sick off and on for a month. But we hardly had any snow all month--as soon as it turned cold, the clouds left, and as soon as it got warm, the clouds showed up and dumped more rain on us. I THINK this was the first day we actually had a tiny bit of snow, and, though I'd been using the snowpants and other stuffs against the cold already, she finally got to wear the boots I'd bought for her in, oh, I dunno, November?! When it's SUPPOSED to start snowing. :P But how awesome is this: Out of the whole get-up she's got on, the only thing I had to buy were those boots. Everything else was a gift or barely-used hand-me-down. I love my peeps. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment